What to do when there's nothing to do...
1. Iron random peoples’ clothes. ‘Random’ being housemates. ‘Clothes’ being the heap of clean washing that’s been sitting in the kitchen for a week. [Occupation rating: 10-30 minutes. Add a bonus 10 minutes for holding your hand under cold water due to iron burns.] Spice up your evening when a mystified housemate enters, wondering if there really is a washing fairy in the house. Or scare the hell out of him by informing him that his mother has moved in.
2. Arrange the household’s DVD collection in alphabetical order. [Occupation rating: 2 minutes for under 20 DVDs, 5 minutes for under 100.]
3. Strip and remake your bed. [Occupation rating: 10 minutes for double bedding, add an extra 5 for cushion arranging. Interest level: 2/5, or 4/5 if you bang on some house-pumping music and make your bed whilst doing Gaga-esque dance moves.]
4. Clean out the waste-paper basket, leaving only the nice and interesting newspapers in to be used for fire lighting. Put any old and crumpled papers or leaflets in the recycling bin. [Occupation rating: 2 minutes, Interest level: 1/5, or 4/5 for any OCD’ers out there who get a kick out of throwing crap out and tidying things up.]
5. Tidy up the cutlery drawer. [Occupation rating: 2 minutes, Interest level: 1/5, or 3/5 if you’ve gone out and bought a pink tray to add a female-touch to a house with 3 guys.]
6. Set an all-new high score on Bop It. EXTREME. [Occupation rating: 10 minutes-10 hours, Interest level: 5/5]
the crazy happenings in my life