- i n g r e d i e n t s -
• 2 & 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (2 x 400g tins)
• 1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
• 1 egg (can substitute for flax/chia egg)
• 1/4 cup (50 grams) all-natural peanut butter
• 1/4 (50 grams) almond butter
• 1 & 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
• small pinch of fine salt
• 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (60 grams)
• 2 tbsp coconut flour
• 1 cup 70% dark chocolate chips (200 grams)
• 1 tbsp salt flakes or course salt
- m e t h o d -
1. Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C. Line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper. Rinse the chickpeas well and dry with towel.
2. In a food processor or high powered blender, blend chickpeas and baking soda until smooth (about 1-2 minutes).
3. Add egg, peanut butter, almond butter, vanilla, small pinch of fine salt, maple syrup and coconut flour. Blend until completely smooth and combined. Transfer mixture to a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
4. Using two small spoons, place desired cookie amount onto the baking tray. The cookies won’t change much in the oven, so form into the desired shape. Sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of salt flakes.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool and enjoy! Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
features writer & lifestyle blogger and avid shoe wearer.